🚨 Battery Warnings 🚨


🔋 A concerning incident has occurred at Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, London, highlighting the grave dangers of lithium-ion batteries.


⚡ A vape device exploded in a visitor's backpack, leaving 40 individuals evacuated and two men and four women were assessed for smoke inhalation. 🚭


⚠️ Just another reminder of the explosive nature of lithium-ion batteries poses significant threats esprecially if not disposed of correctly. When disposed of in regular waste, these batteries can come into contact with other materials, leading to short circuits and, ultimately, fires or explosions.


We urge everyone to take heed and follow proper disposal protocols for batteries, including vape batteries:


♻ DO NOT dispose of old vapes or batteries in a household skip or bin!


♻ Recycle Responsibly: Many local recycling centres accept lithium-ion batteries for safe disposal. Check with your local authorities for the nearest drop-off locations.


♻ Separate and Insulate: If you can't immediately dispose of a battery, store it separately from other items in a cool, dry place and ensure it's insulated to prevent accidental contact.


♻ Avoid Overcharging: Overcharging a battery can lead to overheating and potential hazards. Always follow manufacturer guidelines when charging your devices.


♻ Dispose of Damaged Batteries: If a battery is damaged or swollen, DO NOT attempt to use it. Safely dispose of it following proper procedures.


♻ Spread Awareness: Share this information with friends, family, and colleagues to raise awareness of the importance of battery safety and responsible disposal.


Read more: Exploding vape battery caused fire with 40 people evacuated from busy major hospital - Mirror Online

Fire at Royal Free Hospital after vape battery explodes | Ham & High (


🔋 #BatterySafety #VapeSafety #LondonIncident


IC ISO9001
British Safety Council
Environment Agency

Best Rates for Skip Hire in London & Hertfordshire

Areas We Cover

Donoghue Waste Management   Pink Skips   Rennie Grove